Sorry! Howie has have moved! The new URL is: (function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Monday, July 25, 2005

Name Howie’s Wife Contest!

My wonderful wife is a spiritual inspiration to me. She has encouraged me when I was down and offered Godly council in times of uncertainty. Because of this, I will often reference my wife in this blog. However, Mrs. Howie would like to remain anonymous too. Well, if you knew her name, both of my loyal and intelligent readers would be able to figure out who I am!

So, Carsie (get it? Carsie Luvzus?) would like a name too! If she deems you the winner of the contest, I’ll send you an autographed copy (My autograph of course!) of Dallas Willard’s Spirit of the Disciplines!

Let the contest begin!

*Disclaimer--my copy is an older version and the cover doesn't have pine cones on it.

8 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger the sojourning pilgrim said...

Possibilities abound - Azzie, Boyee, Cuddie, Donnie, Foree, Gattie, (I seem a little alphabetical), Mustie, Sheezure, and the ever popular Zowiee.

If I win, do you have something in a Marcus Borg??

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger joe kennedy said...

I like Mary. Then you could be accepted by Catholics too. Mary Luvzus.

[crickets]

No?

Yeaaahhh.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Howie Luvzus said...

Thanks guys!
My wife has a favorite right now, but we'll have to wait a while and sse if we have any last minute entries!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

I like Annie.

Peace,

Mike

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

PS: Hey Howie, I noticed in your right hand column that you are reading that wonderful little philosophic essay, On Bullshit. I read it back in April and found it very interesting. In fact, I wrote a book review for it on Emmaus blog. I'd be interested in what you think about it when you're finished.

Peace,

Mike

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger mark said...

randomly ran across your blog... I like Shirley. Shirley Luvzus.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger martyduren said...

Stop calling her "Shirley" ;^)

How about "Betty"? "Andi"?

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Howie Luvzus said...

Great stuff!
Looks like the old ball and chain may have to armwrestle me over this one.
I keep reading Eph 5:22 to her really loud, but unfortunately she's a Liberal. Guess that's why I married her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home