Sorry! Howie has have moved! The new URL is: (function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Great Job Al and Bobby!

I know that I give Al Mohler the hard time he deserves when he makes damaging comments. I think I need to give him credit when he does something right. His article about Pat Robertson is excellent! Nice job!

Bobby Welch, president of the Southern Baptist Convention also spoke against Robertson.

Thanks guys!

6 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Big Daddy Weave said...

Dang,

The poop really hit the fan this time for Robertson. Even the Fundy's are ragging on him! Wonder what The Reverend Tinky-Winky has to say about all this..

It's been a long long time since I've agreed with the SBC on anything - but we're in agreement on this! Wow.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Nathan said...

Robertson may have done them a favor... go so far out there and take the fall so as to legitamize their far out beliefs by condemning him. It's the pessimistic view but worth pondering.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger J Hearne said...

I feel alone and cold. I agree with Mohler. I feel so... dirty.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Elle said...

"he brought shame to the cause of Christ"... so true. I know it's cold in here, but did hell freeze over? Because I'm giving props to Mohler for speaking up and -- maybe more importantly -- doing so in a diplomatic manner.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Editor B said...

Huh. I heard some leftie guy ranting on the radio last night (imagine! lefties ranting on AM radio!) about how none among the Christian Right have spoken against Robertson's latest outrage. Until I read this post, I assumed that was true. Thanks for the corrective, Howie.

I suspect Nathan may be correct: While Robertson marginalizes himself, he makes other extremists seem reasonable by comparison.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Howie Luvzus said...

B! You ok?
Have you heard from Homan?

Scary that I could have lost friends over the last few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home