Sorry! Howie has have moved! The new URL is: (function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

How to Help New Orleans: Advice from a New Orleans (former?) Resident

Pray.
Support groups like Southern Baptist relief agencies. The team from Tennessee rocks!

Give to the New Orleans United Way. United Way agencies work locally. Therefore, to get the relief directtly to New Orleans you need to give to the New Orleans Agency. As you might guess, their website is down right now. I'm a board member of the United Way and I guarantee (spell checker broken) that it will go to those in the most need.

Red Cross and other agencies are great too. Give to reputable agencies directly.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous fairmoon said...

I'm glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I'm so sorry about what happened. I've seen the news and it's horrible. I sound so dumb, I've neve rhad to live though something like that so i really don't know what to say.

Thanks for letting me know you guys are okay.

You'll be in my prayers, if there's anything I can do for you guys let me know. Probably can't do a lot from so far away, but ya never know...? so just ask!

hugs to you and your family,
Fairmoon

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous fairmoon said...

hi again. I wanted to let you know that I posted at my blog about donating to the Red Cross, or something and i mentioned you in the post. Until talking to you this hurricane didn't have a face, you know? now it does, and I felt moved to donate what we could afford. If I could have I would have donated the money in your families name, but i don't know it, or any of your contact info (which is required) so I didn't, but I was thinking about you.

blessings,
FM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home