Sorry! Howie has have moved! The new URL is: (function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricanes Suck!

Howie and the wife and kids are now in Tyler Texas. The house is gone and my little ones won't be able to go back to school for two months. For now, we'll be moving our van load of everything we have to Tennessee. We may be there for months. Pray for us!

BTW--if you hear about anyone who is complaining about gas prices, tell them about Howie and thousands who have nothing left after this storm. It could be worse!

10 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Joel Rainey said...

Howie,
I am truly sorry for your loss. My wife and I were talking yesterday about how extremely difficult it would be to have to evacuate our home, with the realization that we might never see it again.
Please let your readers know if there is anything (otherr than the prayers already going up for you, your family, and all of the folks who lived in the affected areas) further we might be able to do to help.
I hope you will keep us updated.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Marty said...

So sorry Howie. I'm putting your family on the prayer list at church. Know all of us who read here will be praying.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Howie Luvzus said...

Thanks so much!
I work at a university so I hope I'll get a paycheck in a couple of days. My wife works at United Way in New Orleans so I'm sure she will also be fine.

I'm most concerned about folks like the guy who serves lunches out of his truck where I work. I'm sure his truck is gone and there's really no way for him to earn a living. It's so unbelievable.

Our spirits are good because we know how blessed we are and have a great deal of family and friends. It's those who are really poor that we pray most for.

Thanks again guys! I'll try to keep you posted.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Howie -- I had no idea! I'm thinking and praying for you all. Take care and be safe.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger J Hearne said...

You're in my prayers and the prayers of my family. In addition, I'll make sure and severely grumble at the complainers.

Peace and Love,
Joshua

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger D.R. said...

Hey, I heard from WWL TV that Algiers has downed power lines and trees, but they are not under water. I was hoping y'all would be all good. They have a blog at http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html that provides the latest info. By the way, say hey to R.W. Schambach while your in Tyler. We will be praying for you guys.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger S said...

Wow, RW Schambach, I didn't realize he was still around. My family went to see him when I was rather small.
I'm giving an earful to my fellow Ohioans when they complain about gas or that "It's supposed to rain all week!" I was also thinking about those people who don't have family somewhere else...I'm glad you do.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Howie Luvzus said...

Thanks again so much for your prayers and support. D.R. every report I'm getting seems to say the same about the WestBank. Thanks! Headed to TN today. Will update later!

Love y'all!

Howie

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Alice Clay said...

Howie, I'm so sorry...

I'm praying for you and your family. and I told my blog readers to do the same.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger martyduren said...

Howie,

We'll keep you in prayer; so sad to hear about you homestead.

I'm reminded of that old preacher story about the family that lost their house in a tornado. A sympathetic man said to the young daughter, "I'm so sorry you lost your home." She replied "We still have a home--we just don't have a house to put it in."

Howie, wife and children together and safe...sounds like home to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home