Sorry! Howie has have moved! The new URL is: (function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Saturday, August 20, 2005

When I Grow Up

When I grow up I want to be able to share my hurts like Elle. The first post that I read from her described her struggle with having to leave a Baptist church. Her post described the situation without sounding bitter or hateful. I was very impressed! Her last few posts have outlined how those who wanted to "evangelize" her actually took advantage of her situation. They are a very good read for those who are of the "confrontational evangelism" mold and those who do it relationally as well. She is so tactful and loving in her posts. More so than I am. I hope to be that way one of these days. Thanks Elle! You are a great example to all of us who have been hurt by Christians!

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Marty said...

Wow. I read Elle's posts. So glad Bruce Prescott's blog site led me to you! I too have been hurt by Southern Baptists. I left about 3 years ago. I attend a Methodist church also. It has been a stream of healing water for me. I've been wanting to start a blog on this subject, but so far all I've done is just think about it.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Elle said...

Howie, you're making me blush.

Marty, I totally recommend a blog on the topic, it's very relaxing to write and you can let others know they are not alone if you choose to have a public blog. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing more good having a calm, honest blog than I ever did with the confrontational evangelism I ever had to do. Ah, I feel some posts brewing...

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home