Sorry! Howie has have moved! The new URL is: (function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I had no choice but to eat at McDonald's yesterday. Even on the Westbank there are limited choices. I watched SuperSize Me last week with Howie Jr. so I wasn't able to finish my Big N' Tasty (ever notice that if you drop the T the name is more fitting?).

Anyhow.....I saw two guys who looked really rough, and hot, and stinky that walked up to the door at McDonalds. They asked if they could go in to order their "meals." The nice lady smiled and said, "Sorry, only the drive through is open." They explained that they didn't have a car! "Sorry!"

My window was down in my van and I have no sense of smell so I invited them in. I told them that if McDonalds was taking credit cards that I would be glad to buy their lunch.

They said no thanks, they had money but were very hungry. We placed three separate orders and after we got our "food" we said goodby. They were very greatful and I was afraid Shirley might be bothered by the funk when I picked her up. She wasn't.

4 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Contemplative Activist said...

I had a bit of a McFlurry craving once whilst living round the corner from McDonalds. It was about the only time I actually went there!

Anyways, I went into the "restaurant" and said, 'I'd like a McFlurry' whereupon the manager came flustering out, shouting at the staff for not locking the door.

'You'll have to go through the drive through.' I said, that's silly, it actually takes me longer to drive here than it does to walk here because I only live round the corner.

'Tough, go get your car and go through the drive through.'

So I said, 'Can I walk through the drive though?'

'No - health and safety.'

That's the last time I ever went to McDonalds - probably not a bad thing :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous fairmoon said...

I haven't seen supersize me yet, a little afraid too. I don't eat at mcdonalds regardless, unless it's that or starve.

good story, it was nice of you to help those guys out.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger SpookyRach said...

Bizzare bureaucratic mindset.

Thanks for the link to your cemetery pictures. I can only guess how many hundreds (thousands?) of pounds those crypts must weigh. And the storm tossed them around like so many building blocks. Amazing.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger tom cottar said...

Don't worry about not finishing the Big 'N'asty. I watched SuperSize Me back in August...haven't touched McD's since. Every time I think of eating it now, I get the sensation of tasting rat poison...Ugly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home